Sectors of the Indian Economy
- Reasons behind rising importance of the tertiary sector in production
- Requirement of basic services
- Interdependence among all sectors
- Rise in Income
- Increased production of consumption and information technology
- Employment Structure
Mostly people are employed in agricultural sector.
- Ways of creating employment opportunities
- Employment in industries
- In education sector
- In health sector
- NREGA – National Rural Employment Guarantee Act
- Launched in 2005.
- Initiated in 200 districts of India.
- Guarantee of 100 days of employment in a year to those who need work and able to work.
- Unemployment allowance in case guarantee is not fulfilled.