Collection of Data
- Collection of data is the process of gathering data.
- Precautions while drafting a questionnaire
- Limited Number or Questions
- Proper Order of the Questions
- No Undesirable Questions
- Pre-Testing Pilot Survey
- Clear Instructions
- Cross verification
- Request for Return
- Population or the Universe in statistics means totality of the items under study.
- A Sample refers to a group or section of the population from which information is to be obtained.
- Census Method and Sample Method
|Points of Difference||Census Method||Sampling Method|
|Sampling Error||No sampling error present||Sampling error may be present|
|Non – Sampling Error||Non-sampling error is higher||Magnitude of non-sampling error is less|
|Time||Time consuming||Time saving|
|Investigators||Large team of investigators is required||Lesser number of investigators are required|
|Reliability and Accuracy||Not very reliable||More reliable|
|Type of Organisation||Carried out by large organisations||Carried out by small organisations or even individuals|
- Reports and Publications of NSSO
- Land and Livestock Holdings
- Housing Conditions and Migration with special emphasis on slum dwellers
- Employment and Unemployment status in India
- Consumer Expenditure in India, including level and pattern of consumer expenditure of diverse categories or the people.
- Sources of household income in India.