One of the most important member-driven well being care efficiency enchancment corporations within the US has partnered with a network of member hospitals and suppliers to create a centralised grasp device for a supply chain innovation programme.
Vizient introduced a press release this week that it has partnered with Captis, a healthcare organisation delivering elevated scientific effectiveness and financial effectivity throughout the healthcare supply chain. Captis has over 70 well being techniques, 300 contracts in its portfolio and manages over US $8.9bn in annual member spend. Vizient joins the likes of Mayo Clinic Supply Chain and Mayo Clinic Clinical Quality Value Analysis.
Following a rigorous vendor choice course of, Captis members chosen Vizient to develop the supply chain innovation programme. Vizient will leverage its supply operations options, inner supply chain specialists in addition to modern technical capabilities to cut back supply chain prices by way of the streamlined platform. This functionality for a gaggle of built-in supply networks (IDNs) will not be supplied by another system in the marketplace at this time.
“We are excited to be working with Captis to help them achieve their ambitious goal of significantly reducing costs within the healthcare supply chain of their collective membership,” mentioned Steve Downey, group senior vice chairman, supply chain operations for Vizient. “Based upon this singular view of their supply chain, the manufacturing, storage, shipping and handling activities can be optimized to reduce variability and costs.”
Through Captis, well being care suppliers will probably be supported with:
- The negotiation and execution of contracts with well being care suppliers
- Arranging service contracts
- Procuring contracts for others for the acquisition of products and providers
- Formulating scientific finest practices
- Clinical and supply chain innovation packages
“The Captis Supply Chain Innovation Program, is a multiphase project. This first phase will establish the technical functionality, business processes and support services needed to effectively create a virtual item master across our members, all of who now have varying systems,” mentioned Brenda Peterson, vice chairman and basic supervisor for Captis. “Our members are very innovative and strategic thinkers; the possibilities of what this program could do are endless for them.”
About the Author
- Logistics & Supply Chain2019.07.29LG Display set to diversify suppliers following South Korea and Japan’s trade dispute | Warehousing
- Logistics & Supply Chain2019.07.29Odesma: how far can the digital transformation of the supply chain take us? | Supply Chain Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain2019.07.27MarketDojo: Is your company ready for digital transformation? | Supply Chain Management
- Logistics & Supply Chain2019.07.27eBay set to introduce new Managed Delivery service by 2020 | Supply Chain Management